GS1 Singapore Registered User - Full Membership
In order for products to be sold in supermarkets and departmental stores through the point-of-sales (POS) scanners, all products must carry GS1 (formerly known as EAN/UPC) barcode numbers. A GS1 barcode symbol needs to be printed onto the product labels before these can be accepted by the retail outlets. The same applies to all products made or packed locally in Singapore. Companies that wish to put barcodes onto their products would be required to apply as a registered user of GS1 Singapore.
The application fee to join as GS1 Singapore Registered User is S$750.00 + 8% GST. The annual subscription fee is based on the company's issued capital. All companies applying for GS1 Singapore Registered User must complete the GIRO application form for GS1 Singapore annual subscription fees. A copy of the interbank GIRO application form can be downloaded here.
Companies with issued capital or fixed assets between $0 to $249,999
Companies with issued share capital or paid-up capital between $250,000 to $999,999
Companies with issued capital or fixed assets from $1,000,000 and above
|Annual Subscription Fee
* Base on minimum barcode allocation for full membership
- Number of barcodes: 1,000
- ValuePLUS pack worth S$852.00 includes:
- Free E-Learning GS1 System Certificate (7 Modules) for 1 user worth S$490.00, valid for 60 days from the account activation date
- Free 5 x 1D Barcode Verification Service worth S$162.00
- 2 Free Seats for GS1 1D Barcode Workshop worth S$201.00
- Deposit will be refunded upon official resignation as a GS1 Singapore Full Membership Registered User and nett of outstanding monies owing to GS1 Singapore, if any.
- Additional barcode numbers will be subjected to a recurring annual surcharge as follows:
- 10,000 barcodes: Annual surcharge S$2,160.00 (inclusive of GST)
- 100,000 barcodes: Annual surcharge S$4,320.00 (inclusive of GST)
- All companies applying for the GS1 Singapore Registered User must read the terms and conditions of the GS1 Singapore Grant License Agreement and agree to abide by it.
- The application and subscription fees paid upon joining are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Document Submissions (2 files in pdf format)
Latest ACRA Business Profile Form that is downloaded within the last 6 months;
Item(s) listing with product information such as:
Note: Healthcare Sector
Companies engaging in the manufacturing, packaging or distribution of pharmaceutical products or medical devices shall not re-use any product identification numbers for such products and shall be responsible for consequences of such violations, if any.
If your company is engaging in the manufacturing, packaging and/or the distribution of pharmaceutical products or medical devices, you will need to submit your supporting documents together with the application.
Click here for Online Application Guide
The submission of documents needs to be in PDF format. Incorrect and/or incomplete submission may delay the application.
For further information, kindly contact GS1 Singapore office at 6826 3077. Written enquiries can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 6826 3070.
- 'Day' refers to business days
- The bank's clearance date is dependable on the payment