Are you ready for UDI? – Unique Device Identification for medical devices.
The implementation of UDI will enhance patient safety and improve efficiency in the healthcare supply chain. The system is expected to unambiguously identify medical devices throughout the global supply chain by providing precise information to all healthcare professionals which will allow more accurate reports of adverse events, more effective management of medical device recalls and reduction of medical errors.
GS1 Standards are open, global, proven and simple. A global standardised system for unique identification and traceability is imperative to comply with the increasing legal requirements globally. GS1, since 2013, is an accredited issuing agency for the US FDA for the UDI (Unique Device Identification) Rule in the US. Currently most of the medical devices are identified with a GS1 identifier and GS1 MO’s across the world are supporting their users in the implementation. The EU Regulation on medical devices (“EU MDR”, 2017/745) and the EU Regulation on in-vitro diagnostic devices (“EU IVDR”, 2017/746) provide the legal requirements for the European Unique Device Identification (UDI) system within Europe. GS1 is also designated as an issuing entity for the UDI in the EU. More recently, Health Science Authority (HSA) had also announced its plan to implement UDI System in Singapore.
Find out how the role of GS1 Standards can help in UDI implementation.
From this webinar, you will:
- What is UDI?
- Understand the role of GS1 in UDI implementation
- Learn the basics of GS1 Standards
- Discover the different types of barcodes and usage in healthcare (for Medical Device)
- Have a brief overview of the global regulatory landscape
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn how medical device identification can be improved with UDI implementation, in the pursuit of patient safety and efficient healthcare supply chain.
*By submitting your details for registration, you agree to receive email communications from GS1 Singapore and events partners, including upcoming promotions materials and access to exclusive events. We adhere strictly to the PDPA data protection law and we are committed to your privacy.
Should you have any question, feel free to contact us at 6826 3077 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For GS1 Singapore Members, kindly refer to our Calendar of Events to join our sessions.
Replacement and Cancellation:
1. Replacement of participant and cancellation is permitted. Notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Note: After you complete registration, you will receive an email confirmation with the webinar link.