This workshop will cover on the fundamentals of GS1 Barcode and GS1 DataMatrix for the healthcare sector including pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
As reported in by McKinsey, more than 65 regulatory agencies / jurisdictions are accepting the use of GS1 Standards. Find out how to leverage on GS1 Global Standards to meet regulatory requirements, improve patient safety and increase efficiency of your supply chain.
Who should attend?
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device manufacturers/ brand owners
- Medical device distributors/suppliers
- Healthcare providers
- Healthcare regulators
- Professionals in Healthcare Supply Chain/Quality Assurance/ Quality Control/ Regulatory Compliance
1) Introduction to GS1 Standards
2) GS1's role in Healthcare & Overview of Regulatory Requirements
3) Learn basic rules of the GS1 Barcode Number and how to allocate it correctly
a) Interpretation of the different parts of your barcode number
b) Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
c) Rules of allocating a barcode number
i) When do you allocate a new barcode number?
ii) Are barcode numbers reusable?
d) Hands- on session on allocating barcode numbers
4) Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes - Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different environments
a) Choose the right barcode symbols for different operation environments
b) Use the appropriate symbol size, colour and location for your item
c) Leverage on a simple quality checklist help you to save time and improve your process
5) Using GS1 Applications to identify different data types
a) What is GS1 Application Identifiers (AIs) and its functions
b) How AIs can be used for identification
c) What is concatenation,its rules and usage
d) How to apply the rules in combining AIs
6) Introduction to GS1 Datamatrix
a) What is GS1 Datamatrix and its key application area
b) How symbol size changes with content data
c) The difference between non-standard Datamatrix and GS1 Datamatrix
7) Case Sharing by GS1 Solution Partner
8) How Barcode Verification helps to avoid mistakes
Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing; avoid mistakes to prevent unnecessary redesigning and reprinting, thus saving you time and money.
Note: You will receive an email upon successful registration. Registration will be confirmed upon verification and receipt of payment.
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
An invoice will be emailed to you upon verification of your registration. You will receive a confirmation of your registration upon successful payment.
Cancellation and Substitutes:
1. We regret there will be no refund for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance, replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. A confirmation note will be sent one week prior to event via email. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.