This workshop will cover on the fundamentals of GS1 Barcode/DataMatrix for the healthcare sector including pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
With the recent development of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Regulatory Requirements such US Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) and EU Falsified Medicine Directive (FMD), US FDA UDI and EU UDI. As reported in by McKinsey, more than 65 regulatory agencies / jurisdictions are accepting the use of GS1 Standards. Find out how to leverage on GS1 Global Standards to meet these requirements while making your supply chain more efficient and improve patient safety.
Target Audience: Anyone who wants to learn how to enhance your Pharmaceutical Product/Medical Device identification based on GS1 Global Standards.
Who should attend?
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device manufacturers/ brand owners
- Medical device distributors/suppliers
- Healthcare providers
- Healthcare regulators
- (Individuals in – Supply Chain/Quality Assurance/ Quality Control/ Regulatory Compliance)
1) GS1 Healthcare Intro & Overview of Regulatory Requirements
2) Basic rules of the GS1 Barcode Number and learn how to allocate it correctly
a) Understanding the different parts of your barcode number
b) Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
c) Rules of allocating a barcode number
i) When do you allocate a new barcode number?
ii) Are barcode numbers reusable?
d) Learn and apply first-hand how to allocate and identify barcode numbers in this hands-on session
3) Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes - Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different environments
a) Identifying the type of barcode symbols for different scanning environments
b) Learn to choose the suitable symbol size, colour and location for your item
c) How would a simple quality checklist help you to save time, improve your process
4) Using GS1 Applications to identify different data types
a) What is GS1 Application Identifiers
b) Understand what is GS1 Application Identifiers (AI) and its functions
c) How Application Identifiers can be used for identification
d) Understand what is concatenation and its rules and usage
e) How to apply the rules in combining AIs
5) Introduction to GS1 Datamatrix
a) Understand what is GS1 Datamatrix and its key application area
b) Understand how symbol size changes with content data
c) The difference between Datamatrix and GS1 Data Datamatrix
6) Case Sharing by GS1 Solution Partner
7) Using logistics labels to track pallets and other logistic units with the use of Serial Shipping Container Codes (SSCC) and GS1 Logistics Label
Efficient and accurate shipping and receiving processes are absolutely necessary. In order to manage shipping codes and meet the retail customer requirements, learn to:
a) Create serial shipping container codes using the registered Global Company Prefix (GCP)
b) Generate Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) barcodes in the GS1-128 barcode symbology
c) Lay out a logistics label (outer case or pallet label) in line with global specifications
8) How Barcode Verification helps to avoid mistakes
Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing; avoid mistakes to prevent unnecessary redesigning and reprinting, thus saving you time and money.
Complete the registration form below; an email confirmation will be sent to your organisation.
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
a. Cheque - Made payable to 'GS1 Singapore Limited'
Address: 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
Cancellation and Substitutes:
1. We regret there will be no refunds for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance, replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. A confirmation note will be sent 5 days prior to event via email. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.