GS1 Barcode Workshop for Retail on 10 January 2020
Are you allocating the right barcode to your product?
Usually a barcode scan at the retailer is 99% successful. However, even a 1% failure scan can cause unnecessary costs, time wastage, and negative impact to your retailer’s reputation and you as the brand owner.
Imagine your product info is not found in the point-of-sales system upon scanning barcode at your retailer’s store which could be resulted from incorrect barcode assigned to your product.
This workshop will guide you on getting your barcode right at the first time and not facing potential risks of the need to re-label all your products.
By adhering to GS1 identification standards, all products will receive a unique barcode which is universally acceptable among all retailers in both locally and globally.
Join us now and learn how to apply the building blocks of the GS1 Numbering System and in addition, find out how barcode can boost your retail business!
From this session, you will learn:
1. Basic rules of the GS1 Barcode Number and learn how to allocate it correctly
a) Understanding the different parts of your barcode number
b) Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
c) Rules of allocating a barcode number
d) Learn and apply first-hand on how to allocate and identify barcode numbers in this hands-on session
2. Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes
Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different situations:
a) Identifying the type of barcode symbols for different scanning environments
b) Learn to choose the suitable symbol size, colour and location for your item
c) How would a simple quality checklist help you to save time, improve your process
3. The relationship between barcode number and eCommerce
a) How important is your barcode number connection in the eCommerce platform
b) How can my barcode number increase my online visibility?
4. Using logistics labels to track pallets and other logistic units with the use of Serial Shipping Container Codes (SSCC) and GS1 Logistics Label to ensure efficient and accurate shipping and receiving processes. You will learn to:
a) Create serial shipping container codes using the registered Global Company Prefix (GCP)
b) Generate Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) barcodes in the GS1-128 barcode symbology
c) Lay out a logistics label (outer case or pallet label) in line with global specifications
5. How Barcode Verification helps to avoid mistakes
a) Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing; avoid mistakes to prevent unnecessary redesigning and reprinting, thus saving you time and money.
6. Case Studies
a) Learn from other success stories in the Retail Sector!
Complete the registration form below; an email confirmation will be sent to your organisation.
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
a.) Issue a cheque to 'GS1 Singapore Limited' and mail to 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
b.) Download the Credit Card form, fill in and scan it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Replacement and Cancellation:
1. We regret there will be no refunds for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance. Replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.