11th GS1 Bar Code Training Workshop on 26 July 2013
"Do you know? Many retailers achieve scan rates over 99%, while 1% of products scan failures cause great costs and disrupt supply chain efficiency.
What causes poor scanning?
Companies face the issue of not able to assign their numbers correctly or use of impropriate symbol size. This knowledge is not being passed on, due to change of staff or lack of understanding. There are printers company or design companies that do not understand the GS1 bar code symbols requirements. All these factors contribute to poor bar code symbols.
What are the dos and don'ts?
What are the common errors to be avoided? Why should you avoid making the same mistakes?
Spot the mistake!
We use common examples and with demonstration of verification test of the bar code symbol to the participants with explanations. We encourage participants to bring their company’s product packaging as part of the sharing session during the workshop.
Who should attend?
Personnel in product number assigning in the company, logistics, artwork designers, printing companies and all industries.
What do we cover
- How to identify the different types of bar code formats
- How to apply the usage of GS1 Keys and for different types of bar code format
Upon completion of the training, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Accomplishment accredited by GS1 Singapore
- How to apply the numbering system on the trade items and specifications
- Identify the type of common printing problems of the bar code symbol
How to Register?
Complete the online registration form below and GS1 officer will contact you for confirmation and payment methods.
1) Cheque payment: please sent the cheque should be made payable to “GS1 Singapore Limited” to 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah, S(159457).
2) Credit card: Should you wish to pay by credit card, please let us know so that we can send you the credit card authorisation form.
Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. No cancellation will be allowed upon registration, but attendance by a replacement delegate from your company is allowed. We regret that no refund will be made for cancellation and non-attendance.
Confirmation of your registration will be emailed to your company after submission of the registration form.
Should you have any question about the course, please contact:
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org