GS1 Singapore Barcode Workshop for Retail on 5 May 2021
Are you allocating the right barcode to your product?
Barcode failure scan can cause unnecessary costs, time wastage, and negative impact to your retailer’s reputation and you as the brand owner. Imagine the consequences if your product information is not found in the point-of-sales system upon scanning barcode at your retailer’s store!
This workshop will guide you on getting your barcode right at the first time and prevent potential risks related to relabeling.
1. Understanding GS1 barcodes
Learn to recognise types of barcode to use in different situations:
a. Identifying the type of barcode symbols for different scanning environments
b. Learn to choose the suitable symbol size, colour and location for your item
c. Simple quality checklist that helps you save time and improve your processes
2. Logistics labels to track pallets and other logistic units to ensure efficient and accurate shipping and receiving processes.
You will learn to:
a. Create serial shipping container codes using the registered Global Company Prefix (GCP)
b. Generate Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) barcodes in the GS1-128 barcode symbology
c. Lay out a logistics label (outer case or pallet label) in line with global specifications
3. Barcode Verification
Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing
By adhering to GS1 identification standards, all products will receive a unique barcode which is universally acceptable among all retailers in both locally and globally.
By the end of this workshop, you will be equipped and ready to start allocating barcodes to your products. Register now and learn how to apply the building blocks of the GS1 Numbering System and in addition, find out how barcode can boost your retail business!
*By submitting your details, you agree to receive email communications and marketing materials from GS1 Singapore and events partners. We adhere strictly to the PDPA data protection law and we are committed to your privacy.
Note: You will receive an email upon successful registration. Registration will be confirmed upon verification and receipt of payment.
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
An invoice will be emailed to you upon verification of your registration. You will receive a confirmation of your registration upon successful payment.
Cancellation and Substitutes:
1. We regret there will be no refund for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance, replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. A confirmation note will be sent one week prior to event via email. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.