||GS1 Singapore 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah S159457 Level 3
||29 June 2018
||26 June 2018
Product Barcode & Going Beyond for The Retail and eCommerce
Usually a scan at the retailer is 99% successful. However, even a 1% failure scan can cause unnecessary costs, time, wastage, and negative impact to your retailer’s reputation and you as the brand owner.
Imagine this, your product number is not found in the point-of-sales system at your retailer’s store. Chances are that you have not assigned the correct barcode symbol on your product. That’s the importance of getting it right the first time and not facing the potential risks of the need to re-label all your products.
And do you know that you can harness the power of the simple barcode into something even bigger. You can use the GS1 standards for online search as structured data and create shipping labels when you want to export to almost anywhere in the world. This is especially useful when you are selling on overseas eCommerce platforms!
Join us now and learn how to apply the building blocks of the GS1 Numbering System and find out how to boost your retail business!
Target Audience: Anyone who wants to learn how to boost your retail business, sell on the eCommerce platform and improve overall supply chain efficiency
1) Basic rules of the GS1 Barcode Number and learn how to allocate it correctly
a) Understanding the different parts of your barcode number
b) Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
c) Rules of allocating a barcode number
i) When do you allocate a new barcode number?
ii) Are barcode numbers reusable?
d) Learn and apply first-hand how to allocate and identify barcode numbers in this hands-on session
2) Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes
Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different situations
a) Identifying the type of barcode symbols for different scanning environments
b) Learn to choose the suitable symbol size, colour and location for your item
c) How would a simple quality checklist help you to save time, improve your process
3) The barcode number and eCommerce relationship
a) How important is your barcode number connection in the eCommerce platform
b) How can my barcode number increase my online visibility?
4) Using logistics labels to track pallets and other logistic units with the use of Serial Shipping Container Codes (SSCC) and GS1 Logistics Label
Efficient and accurate shipping and receiving processes are absolutely necessary. In order to manage shipping codes and meet the retail customer requirements, learn to:
a) Create serial shipping container codes using the registered Global Company Prefix (GCP)
b) Generate Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) barcodes in the GS1-128 barcode symbology
c) Lay out a logistics label (outer case or pallet label) in line with global specifications
5) How Barcode Verification helps to avoid mistakes
Learn how GS1 Singapore can help in verifying your barcodes before printing; avoid mistakes to prevent unnecessary redesigning and reprinting, thus saving you time and money.
6) Case Studies
Learn from other success stories in the Retail Sector!
Complete the registration form below; an email confirmation will be sent to your organisation.
All fees are inclusive of 7% GST.
a. Cheque - Made payable to 'GS1 Singapore Limited'
Address: 2985 Jalan Bukit Merah Singapore 159457
Cancellation and Substitutes:
1. We regret there will be no refunds for cancellations, no-shows and non-attendance, replacement of participant is permitted and notice of change in participant’s must be given in writing, not less than 5 business days before the course commencement date.
2. A confirmation note will be sent one week prior to event via email. All registrations will be taken as confirmed and will be billed accordingly (including no-shows) unless otherwise notified.
3. When a workshop is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. GS1 Singapore reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
||Event Fee (inclusive of GST)
|GS1 SG Member
Registration is closed